BPAcc - Graduate Profile
The Programme is designed to equip graduates with the generic and technical attributes and competencies expected of professional accountants by accomplishing the following:
- Strengthen and improve intellectual qualities in language proficiency, IT proficiency, and analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Develop commercial qualities such as commercial acumen, China focus, creativity and an orientation towards change.
- Build personal qualities such as integrity, professionalism, drive, resilience, execution and a result orientation.
- Enhance interpersonal qualities in terms of team leadership, communication and relationship building.
- Broaden and strengthen foundation knowledge in accounting, economics, marketing, management, finance, statistics and modern technology to further excel in a specialized field of study and/or a career.
- Establish the basic and advanced knowledge required for admission to the examinations of professional accounting bodies, including the HKICPA, ACCA and CPA Australia. The Programme has been accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), and CPA Australia; as well as exemption on examination papers have been granted by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of International Accountants (AIA), and Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS).
Graduates are encouraged to undertake professional accountancy qualification (CPA) programmes or examinations (i.e. HKICPA ACCA, CPA Australia, etc.). Thereafter, they can further their master studies (e.g. in business administration, finance, corporate governance, law, information technology, etc.) at Hong Kong or overseas universities.
Graduates will be able to progress to jobs in the professional accounting firms serving in various areas including: auditing, taxation and professional services, etc.; as well as working as business accountants in the public and private sectors.