1. What is the relationship between Centennial College and The University of Hong Kong (HKU)?

    The College is an independent College established by HKU in 2011 and admitted its first cohort of students in 2012. Registered under the Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320), the College offers full-time self-financed, 4-year Bachelor degree programmes validated by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ).

    ​Because of our relationship with and close proximity to HKU, our students are entitled to privileged access to HKU facilities. These include the HKU Libraries -- one of the best in the region, the Chi Wah Learning Commons, with its first rate learning facilities, and the University's extensive sports facilities. To cater for the accommodation needs of students, privately-rented off-campus facilities managed by HKU are also offered.

    To experience academic life at HKU, selected students have the opportunity to take courses in the Faculties of Arts, Education and Science at HKU starting from the 2015-16 academic year. Upon satisfactory completion of their course(s), students will earn credits and receive a HKU transcript.

A. Tuition Fees, Scholarships and Financial Assistance

  1. ​What are the tuition fees?

    The annual tuition fees in 2018-19 are as follows:
      Year 1 Entry Year 3 Entry
    Local Students HK$89,000 HK$99,000
    Non-local Students* HK$119,000 HK$129,000
    The above annual tuition fees are equivalent to ten 3-credit courses and are subject to annual review.
    ​*Non-local Students include but not limited to those who need a student visa/entry permit to enter Hong Kong for study.
  2. How can I pay the tuition fees?

    ​You can pay the tuition fees by cash, Visa/Master card or EPS at the following designated centres:
    1. Centennial College
      G/F, 3 Wah Lam Path, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
      Tel: (852) 3762 6200
      Opening hours: Weekdays - 9:00am - 5:30pm
    2. HKU SPACE Admiralty Learning Centre
      3/F, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong (Exit A, Admiralty MTR Station)
      Tel: (852) 3761 1111
      Opening hours: Weekdays - 8:30am - 7:30pm, Saturdays - 8:30am - 5:30pm
    3. HKU SPACE Kowloon West Campus
      G/F, 38 - 46 Nassau Street, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, Kowloon (Exit B, Mei Foo MTR Station)
      Tel: (852) 3762 4000
      Opening hours: Weekdays - 8:30am - 7:30pm, Saturdays - 8:30am - 5:30pm
  3. Do I have to pay any fee other than the tuition fees?

    Students have to pay caution money in the amount of HK$700.  If there is no claim against the caution money during the course of study, it will be used to offset students’ graduation fees at the time of their graduation. In addition, students have to pay the Students’ Union fee of HK$250 (annual subscription).
  1. Am I eligible for the financial assistance scheme provided by the HKSAR Government?

    Yes, our programmes are locally accredited and students can apply for the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS). Please contact the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA) for details (Tel: 2152 9000 FASP / 2150 6222 NLSPS, website: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk).
  2. Am I eligible for the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS) provided by the HKSAR Government?

    Yes, our programmes are locally accredited self-financing programmes and our students who meet the requirements set by the HKSAR Government can apply for the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong (NMTSS). For details, please visit the website http://www.cspe.edu.hk/en/nmt-annual-subsidy.html.
  3. Are there any scholarships available at the College?

    Yes. The College offers a number of scholarships for continuing students who have good academic record.

B. About Programmes and Learning

  1. Have the programmes been uploaded to the Qualifications Register (QR)?

    Yes, all programmes of the College have been accredited by HKCAAVQ as Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 5 programmes.
  2. What is the professional recognition of the Bachelor of Professional Accounting (Honours) programme?

    The programme is accredited by various professional bodies, including:
    1. Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
    2. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
    3. CPA Australia
    4. Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
    5. Association of International Accountants (AIA)
    6. Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS)
    For details, please click here.​
  3. What are the characteristics of the programmes?

    Our non-traditional curriculum comprising a range of cross-disciplinary courses aims to widen students' horizons by offering a broad-based education. The multifaceted and interdisciplinary design of the courses also allows students to choose with freedom and flexibility according to their needs and interests. Within each Major there is a final “capstone” course that emphasises interdisciplinary education and its application, through interactive learning.

    Starting from the 2017-18 academic year, the College has introduced a Core Curriculum which provides a common learning experience and serves as a foundational set of intellectual pathways and competencies necessary for students to pursue a liberal arts education in a selected field of humanities, social sciences or science. The Core Curriculum focuses on the enactment of the core values of humanity, including moral, social, intellectual, and aesthetic engagements.
  4. Will there be any internship opportunities?

    A credit bearing Accounting Internship will be offered as an elective to Year 3 students majoring in Accounting. The College also provides summer internship and part-time opportunities to widen students’ horizon as far as practicable.
  5. What is the medium of instruction?

    Except for Chinese Language courses and some courses related to China, all courses are taught in English.
  6. Can I take more than 30 credits per year?

    Students can take 30-33 credits in each academic year and extra credits are possible but with certain limitations. Students can make applications to the College Office. The College will consider such applications on a case-by-case basis.
  7. Can I apply for credit transfer for previous study undertaken elsewhere?

    Centennial College has Credit Transfer arrangements for students with particular academic backgrounds. Credit Transfer may be granted in recognition of work undertaken previously in high schools, community colleges, universities or other educational institutions.
  8. Where is the campus?  What are the campus facilities?

    The College is located at Pokfulam (near Wah Fu Estate). The whole campus is covered by Wi-Fi.  There are computer laboratories, a learning resources centre, student common rooms, and student activities room on campus. Students can also make use of the library, learning and sports facilities of HKU.

    Please refer to Q.1 above for more details.
  9. What other support is provided by the College?

    Our E-learning platform facilitates learning and communication between teachers and students. The Office of Student Success organises various workshops and activities, e.g. leadership training programme, community engagement activities, and mentorship programmes, all of which are designed to enhance students’ campus experience. It also provides a career and personal counselling service to students.

    Also, under the Personal Tutor Scheme, each student can select their own Personal Tutor who is a faculty member and who will provide general advice and guidance to students on matters relating to their studies, choice of Major, academic progress and life planning throughout their college life.
  10. Does the College provide any student accommodations?

    Students with accommodation needs are eligible to apply for the privately-rented off-campus facilities managed by The University of Hong Kong. These are mainly located in Sai Ying Pun. The current monthly rent is around HK$5,000 per student for a double-shared room.

    ​For details and enquiries, please contact the Office of Student Success.
  11. What are the teachers' qualifications?

    All teachers possess the qualifications required for teaching degree programmes and have extensive teaching experience. Most have earned a doctoral degree. Furthermore, some professors have extensive teaching experience at The University of Hong Kong.