The Personal Tutor Scheme
The guidance you need to achieve your goals!
Throughout your time at Centennial College, you will receive whatever advice and guidance you need to achieve your academic goals.
Each student is given choice to select their own Personal Tutor who is a faculty member and who will help you successfully adapt to the new learning environment, develop individual academic planning and set career goals.
Personal Tutoring is a developmental process in which students are provided with academic support and guidance to achieve their academic goals, which results in students’ greater satisfaction.
Personal Tutor will meet each tutee at least twice throughout the school year and will provide general advice and guidance to students on matters relating to their studies, choice of Major, academic progress and study plan throughout their college life.
Students are encouraged to talk to their Personal Tutor regarding any concerns and difficulties they may encounter in their studies and personal /social development at the College.
What are the objectives of the Personal Tutor Scheme?
- To help the students adapt to the college life;
- To assist students in understanding the aims of university education, the culture and ethos of learning at Centennial College;
- To help students uphold academic integrity, to apply ethical principles to their practice;
- To facilitate students to set their academic goals and take care of their own progress in the achievement of these goals;
- To provide general advice and guidance to students on matters relating to their studies, academic progress and study plan, etc.;
- To provide guidance to students to enrich their total learning experience.